Recipe by JustJanS
I couldn't quite find what I wanted tonight, so here is what I came up with.
Top Review by dreamerPrue
I omitted the bacon (didn't have any) and used dry chili flakes and only used 1 egg because I halved the recipe. The result was still really good. The whole family enjoyed this so thanks for sharing such a simple but yummy idea. I have made this many times now, following the exact recipe and it is even tastier. I like to take left-overs to reheat for lunch at work.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (I used a sharp cheddar)
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. add corn kernels, return to the boil and cook 2 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the onion and bacon, cook until softened-about 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a mixing bowl, add bacon mixture to this.
- Pour into an ovenproof casserole dish and cook in pre-heated oven about 45 minutes or until set through.