Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease an 8" square baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
A friend brought a corn casserole to a brunch and gave me a list of ingredients. This recipe seems to match except he adds a can of whole corn as well as the creamed corn. My very picky eaters gave their seal of approval. I compromised between the original recipe and the other reviewers and used 6 oz of corn muffin mix. I don't think I would use the full 8 oz and might even try 4 oz next time. Thanks for the yummy recipe!
My family has this at every holiday gathering. We add one can of whole corn to the ingredients here and put the cheese on TOP not mixed in - then you really taste both the corn and cheese. Some family members also add a stick of butter to the recipe.
This is a great recipe. I, too, used only 1/2 box of muffin mix. I also combined whole corn with the cream corn. It was creamy and delicious! I used mixed shredded cheese because that is what I had here. A++