Recipe by lisa.brent
I love corn casserole its creamy and yummy and any i find i will prepare so send me yours
Top Review by JustJanS
We all thought this was pretty good. I used fresh corn and didn't process it we like it chunky. I added a little red chili powder to the mix, plus some salt and pepper. I made a half recipe.
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 6 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups aged white cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- carefully remove the corn from the cob with a knife and put in a food processor.
- transfer to a large bowl.
- coarsly puree with salt, pepper,and nutmeg.
- in a saute pan, add the oil and the onions and saute until translucent.
- add the onions to the corn mixture.
- add the beaten eggs, milk,and half of the grated cheddar and combine.
- use 2 teaspoons of oil to coat a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- transfer the corn mixture to the dish and top with the rest of the grated cheddar.
- place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top of the casserole is golden brown in a preheated 350 degree oven.