Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really tasty simple vegetable side dish for my group, invented when I had to be very thrifty. Flavors blend well overnight for leftovers, too.
- 10 slices bacon, cut-up and cooked
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups bell peppers, chopped (green or mixed)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry bacon; cut or crumble to small pieces.
- Remove from pan, drain most of grease.
- Add diced onion, then peppers, mushrooms.
- Saute till onion is cooked.
- Add salt, pepper and seasoning mix to corn.
- Add bacon and sauteed vegetables to corn.
- Add chopped tomatoes to corn.
- Blend all together and bake uncovered in large baking dish at 350 x 30 minutes.
This was a very good dish and we ate it as a main meal. It was different and I could see it as a definite crowd-pleaser at a potluck. Thanks!