Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is a great casserole that warms over well when baked ahead of time. From "Little Rock Cooks" cookbook.
Top Review by txaes2001_
Good for kids. Hubby liked the cinnamon but overall, it was way too sweet. I used half & half instead of the evaporated milk so needed to cook it longer. Might be good with sugar cut in half.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar in a medium size pan until butter melts.
- Stir in flour and blend well; remove from heat Gradually stir in milk Add eggs and baking powder and mix well Fold in corn and pour into a buttered 2 quart casserole Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted near center Brush with melted butter Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.