Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great casserole that warms over well when baked ahead of time. From "Little Rock Cooks" cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar in a medium size pan until butter melts.
- Stir in flour and blend well; remove from heat Gradually stir in milk Add eggs and baking powder and mix well Fold in corn and pour into a buttered 2 quart casserole Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted near center Brush with melted butter Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Good for kids. Hubby liked the cinnamon but overall, it was way too sweet. I used half & half instead of the evaporated milk so needed to cook it longer. Might be good with sugar cut in half.
Very yummy. Followed the directions and turned out amazing. Just couldn't help to think how fatting this was. But so good and worth every calorie.
Picture this...fuzzy slippers, sweat suit with elastic waste and a bowl of Corn Casserole. All things of comfort. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.