Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. We have this every year at Thanksgiving. I always have to double the recipe.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Mix above ingredients in casserole dish and bake in a 350* oven for 45 minutes, or until set.
This is very good, but to make it exceptional I added 8 oz of french onion dip instead of the sour cream, and beat 3 eggs first and then folded in all the ingredients. Try it. You will be amazed!
I,too, add sprinkled cheddar on mine. Makes it even more delicious. This is an extremely easy and quick recipe that is the perfect "in a pinch" side dish to bring to share. A staple for me!
Dawn,This corn casserole was soooo good,it was creamy and a perfect casserole that goes with almost anything,I had this for Christmas Dinner and it was gone quick.So I made it again for New Years with my Ham and beans,fried Taters and Fried fish,sure enough it was first thing to go.Thanks so much for this great recipe.Darlene