Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
We love the taste of corn in almost any situation, this recipe included! The original of it was found in the July 2008 Taste of Home cookbook, Picnics, Potlucks & Barbecues.
- 3 (11 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 cup multi-grain cracker, crushed (about 23 crackers, I use Milton's Original)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 13"x9:" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, celery soup, sour cream, cheddar cheese, onion, celery, bell pepper & lemon pepper, then transfer that mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs & drizzle with the melted butter, then bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
I reduced the recipe to one can of corn (should have used 1 1/2 cans) and it was a little soupy (my fault). Had a great flavor with the cheese, celery and onions (left out the pepper). The whole grain crackers on top give it a nice texture. Will make again and add more corn. Made for PRMR.