Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious cheesy corn casserole with bacon. This is a staple of every holiday dinner in my family
- In bowl, combine well beaten eggs, all-purpose flour and sugar.
- Beat thoroughly.
- Tear cheese into small pieces and add, along with the corn.
- Cook bacon until crisp and crumble. Stir in 3/4 of bacon.
- Turn mixture into a 10x6 or 1 1/2 qt baking dish. (Use 9x13 if doubled) Sprinkle remaining bacon on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until knife inserted in center comes clean. Usually about 30 min (40-45 min if doubled).
YUM! I found this recipe while searching for a corn casserole recipe, as a friend of mine dropped off a bunch of freshly picked sweet corn. I was planning on doing something with bacon tonight anyway, so when I saw this recipe I thought it would be good. And it was!
I only made a few changes, out of necessity. Doubling the recipe, I used 8 small ears of fresh corn instead of canned, 5 extra large eggs instead of 6 large, and maybe a tablespoon of maple syrup, as we don't care for sweeter casseroles and the amount of sugar called for seemed like it would be too sweet for our tastes. I also sprinkled in some Miss Tink's House Seasoning (Miss Tink's House Seasoning) as I wanted to cook onions with the bacon but didn't have time and I used all my onion powder to make the seasoning. I also didn't use quite as much cheese, maybe 3/4 of a pound instead of a pound. I cooked this in my crockpot on high for a couple hours, then on low for a couple more and it was absolutely delicious! It was also super easy, even with cutting fresh corn off the cob. Will definitely make this again, thanks for sharing!