Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dish comes together quickly and it is so yummy. I often serve it during the holidays. I generally use frozen whole kernel corn instead of canned. You can use any kind of crackers for the topping that you like, I usually use a club style cracker. Sometimes I even mix the ingredients in the casserole dish, although that can be messy if you are not careful. I hope you enjoy this recipe, we sure do! *If you are making this dish ahead of time, it can be assembled except for the crushed crackers and set in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper (some cayenne pepper is pretty in this dish)
- 1⁄2 cup Club crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1) mix all ingredients together except crackers and butter.
- 2) place into a baking dish
- 3) top with crushed crackers and drizzle melted butter over the top.
- 4) bake at 350 for an hour.
This was so good. I didn't use the cracker topping because I didn't have any and I added a 7oz can of diced green chilies (drained). This one is a keeper for sure
Yummy, what can I say. I used Club crackers, too. I have found that ritz crackers are a little rich for my family. I served with roast chicken - was so good. I made this dish for Pick a Chef Fall 2009