Recipe by Sackville
This is simple to throw together and makes a nice side dish.
Top Review by shirahli
This recipe is great! It smells great, tastes great, and all the picky eaters in my family from ages 8 to 18 ate it all and clamored for more! I too scrambled the eggs. Great recipe! Thank you so much!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups frozen or canned corn
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, with liquid
- 4 boiled eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, saute onions and green peppers in butter until soft.
- Stir in flour and remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup cheese.
- Pour into a large baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and let stand for 5 minutes.