Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great side dish, especially if you like corn. My DH is form Nebraska so he lived on the stuff as a child. I can't remeber were I found this recipe but its a good one--it has become a favourite in our house.
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn niblets (drained)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread mix (I use the mexican one, to add a bit of heat)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Melt the butter, and combine with all the other ingredients in an oven proof dish, add the red pepper flakes sparingly they are hot.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
Fabulous! This is yummy, mosit and so easy to make. This will be added to the rotation on a regular basis.
I whipped this up tonight and must say we understand why it became a favorite in your house. I am certain it will in our house also. So glad you decided to share the recipe.
I poured this wonderful batter into an 8X8 and had to cook it for well over 1 hour. I finally raised the temp to 350 for the last of the long hour. But it was SO tasty! YUM! So when you make this, put it in a 9X13 and I think the cooktime might be close to right on. Don't try to make it like cornbread! Just pull the moist sweet stuff out with a spoon and dopple it on, hmmmm...chili, have with salad, eat plain! We loved this! We ate it like you would mashed taters with chicken and salad. FAB!