Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
this is a yummy casserole that is greatly used on my reservation alot:) It is a Oglala favorite dish:)It is very tasty :)
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese or 3 cups similar grated cheese
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, torn up
- 1 lb canned creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup corn
3 eggs beaten with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Fry the onion and celery together. Layer the bread (bottom) vegetables, and cheese in an oiled casserole dish. Pour the creamed corn over the top. Then pour the egg mixture over that. Let it stand 30 minutes, then bake in a 350° oven for 1 hour, placed in a pan of hot water.
- As a main dish, this supplies about 40% of a day's protein requirement. By protein complementarity, the available amount can be increased to 55% by adding 3/4 cup sunflower seeds, but some people don't like crunchies in it.