Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This casserole was on our news station, sounds good for the holidays or family dinners.
- 1⁄4 lb butter (1 stick)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn (with juice)
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (more or less to your liking)
- Saute onion in butter.
- Mix eggs, both cans of corn and muffin mix in large bowl.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" pan.
- Spoon onions over mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 400* for 30 minutes.
Loved this recipe! I was looking for a southern crowd pleaser to take to MIL's nursing home for a Thanksgiving potluck...this fit the bill perfectly. I added 1 TBL. of chopped jalapeno and didn't use the cheese. This is a simple, easy and very tasty recipe that everyone will love. Two thumbs up, DoryJean.
Nice corn casserole recipe, easy to make. I used a small onion for this instead of a large one and did add the whole cup of cheddar cheese.
I didn't use the cheese, and it still came out good.