Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from my friend Angela. It is one of my favorite corn recipes. I would double if taking to a pot luck as it goes quickly!
- 1 (17 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup saltine, crushed
- 1⁄8 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- Mix all ingredients together, except paprika, in order given, stirring well.
- Pour into slightly greased casserole, sprinkle with paprika and bake at 400°F approximately 1 hour.
First tiem I have made a corn casserole like this. It had a very nice flavor and was easy to prepare. The corn lovers in my family thought it was great. Thanks Junessa. Bullwinkle
Really good and oh so easy to make! I usually make the cornbread version of this casserole but I enjoyed the saltine flavor & texture more. A recipe sure to be repeated. Thanks for sharing!