Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix (I use Jiffy)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (less may be needed)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl stir together 2 cans of corn, muffin mix, sour cream and butter.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Bake 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Take out of oven and top with cheese and return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm.
Very good! I put 1/2 half of the cheese in the mix and then put the rest on as directed. Since no pan size was given, I used a 9 x 9 x 2 cassserole dish. It was perfect. I also drained the liquid from the can of whole kernel corn. Thanks E.A. for a nice recipe.
I make Corn Casserole quite often, but wanted to try a different recipe. This one is amazing! Just loved the taste! Excellence at its best. Simplicity at it's finest. Try it and see!
I've tried a few corn casserole recipes but this is by far the best one yet. It is absolutely delicious. I could have eaten the whole thing myself. I stirred the cheddar right into the batter instead of putting it on top. It fit nicely into a 9" deep dish pie plate but would fit in an 8" x 8" dish also. Thank you. This is a keeper.