Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
To go with soups/stews
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°; grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine carrots and cornmeal.
- In a saucepan over med-high heat, bring milk to a boil; add to carrot mixture.
- Cool to room temperature; add in eggs and oil, mix to combine.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to carrot mixture; stir just until blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.