Recipe by richapulkit
A flavorful corn curry which is simple, high on taste, and served as main course
Top Review by rpgaymer
I enjoyed this unique curry. I've never had corn in Indian food before, but the ingredient compliments the spices very well. I served this as a side with Ethiopian chicken curry, and all in all it was a great meal. The flavor of the corn curry really improves after a day in the fridge, so next time I'd probably make this a day in advance. [Made & Reviewed for PAC Fall 2013]
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic and ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak corn kernels in warm water for 15 minutes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and ginger garlic paste. Now add finely chopped onions and saute it. Add black pepper and tomato puree and let it simmer for 10 minutes . Now add remaining tomatoes and chilly pwder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and mix it well. When the paste thickens, add chopped bell peppers . Add little water if it turns very dry. Now add corn kernels and salt and saute for 10 minute.
- Serve with Paratha or chapati or rice.