Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an Edgell recipe I found in an old cookbook, I had a little bit of Brie to use up so I did a half batch with no issues in conversion, I also used half corn kernels, half creamed corn which was lovely.
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- black pepper
- 30 g butter
- 440 g corn kernels, liquid reserved
- 125 g camembert cheese or 125 g brie cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 egg, lighly beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 180.C.
- Sift flour, mustard powder & pepper into a bowl, rub butter in with fingertips.
- Toss corn, and cheese through flour, add eggs and enough reserved liquid to holds it together when mixed.
- Place on a well-greased baking tray and flatten down slightly, slash dough slightly to make 8 segments.
- Bake for 30 mins or until cooked through.
Mandy, this is an awesome recipe! The combination of the sweet corn with the hearty camembert is awesome! Mmmm, I could not stop eating this bread and neither could my sis. :)
I made half the recipe and still got a lovely mid-sized damper-type bread.
It baked through in about 45 minutes and had a lovely crunchy crust with a soft interior.
Ill definteily make this again as it is easy to make and very tasty!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this recipe with us, Mandy!
Made and reviewed for Edn #11 Make My Recipe August 2010.