Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rachael Ray's Get Togethers. This would be great with ham or pork roast.
Make and share this Corn Cakes With Walnuts and Sage recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, slivered
- 2 ounces walnuts
- honey, for serving
- Heat a nonstick skillet over moderate heat. In a small saucepan, metl butter and transfer to a small mixing bowl. (I would do this in the microwave).
- Wipe out pan and return to heat with 1 1/2 cups water. Bring water to a boil.
- Add cornmeal to large mixing bowl and scald it with the boiling water; stir to combine.
- Beat eggs, sugar and milk with melted butter and stir this mixture into the cornmeal.
- Sprinkle a little salt into the bowl. Pour flour into a sifter. Sift flour into corn cake mix.
- Add sage to butter and stir to combine.
- Grease a griddle pan. Place small ladles of corn cake batter onto grill; make cakes 3 inches wide and allow a bit of space between them in the pan.
- Drop a few walnut buts into wet batter as the cakes begin to cook. Cook cakes 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and honey.