Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rachael Ray's Get Togethers. This would be great with ham or pork roast.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, slivered
- 2 ounces walnuts
- honey, for serving
- Heat a nonstick skillet over moderate heat. In a small saucepan, metl butter and transfer to a small mixing bowl. (I would do this in the microwave).
- Wipe out pan and return to heat with 1 1/2 cups water. Bring water to a boil.
- Add cornmeal to large mixing bowl and scald it with the boiling water; stir to combine.
- Beat eggs, sugar and milk with melted butter and stir this mixture into the cornmeal.
- Sprinkle a little salt into the bowl. Pour flour into a sifter. Sift flour into corn cake mix.
- Add sage to butter and stir to combine.
- Grease a griddle pan. Place small ladles of corn cake batter onto grill; make cakes 3 inches wide and allow a bit of space between them in the pan.
- Drop a few walnut buts into wet batter as the cakes begin to cook. Cook cakes 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and honey.