Recipe by James Craig
This recipe came from a Malboro cigarette promotion.
Top Review by B-J-Burrell
YUM!!! I have never had a corn cake until just a few moments ago as I was making them the first one was served warm to myself and my 4 kids :) We all loved it! I added extra onion and some onion and herb Mrs.Dash as well as black pepper and a touch more milk and flour to ours to stretch it a little further since we have 6 people to feed. Thanks so very much for the recipe. I will make these again and again. Nice change of pace with corn.
- 2 cups cooked whole kernel corn, canned or fresh,drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn, onion, milk, with the beaten egg in a bowl.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add corn mixture and mix just enough to moisten.
- Drop, by 1/4 cupfuls, onto a lightly greased griddle and fry until golden brown on both sides.