Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A sweet corn cake almost like chi chi's. The cooking time can be adjusted according to your oven and your own preference of doneness. I like mine really moist so this is what I go by. can't remember the size box of cornbread mix but they are the small ones by the muffin mix and the boxrd frosting.
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Mix it all together in a bowl.
- grease a 9 x 13 pan and add mixture to pan.
- Bake at 350. Check it after about an hour. The edges should begin pulling away from the sides but the middle will still be soft.
- Adjust cooking time according to your oven and your own taste.
This is a wonderful cake. The creamed corn makes it moist and very flavorful. It's very similar to a family restaurant we used to have here so I am very happy to have this recipe. I will be making this over and over again. Thanks so much for sharing it, geez70.