This is a sweet cake similar to a firm custard cake. Dust with confectioners sugar, serve as is with coffee, or add fresh raspberries.Great gluten free dessert too.
My Private Note
8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks, large
- 6 tablespoons fine asian rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk or 1/4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
- 1Add the two cups of corn to the 1/2 cup milk and process until blended semi smooth, set aside.
- 2Beat the 1/2 cup butter room temperature with the sugar until fluffy.
- 3Add in the egg yolks one at a time, and continue to beat until thick smooth creamy.
- 4Add the blended dry ingredients with the evaporated milk, to make a smooth batter.
- 5Fold in the corn mixture, or beat in with beaters.
- 6Beat your egg whites with a pinch of salt, until soft peaks form.
- 7Fold the beaten whites into the corn batter, folding not to deflate, some whites showing is okay.
- 8Pour slowly into a 8 inch greased cake pan.
- 9Bake 30- 35 minutes at 350 degrees until toothpick comes out clean. It will be a very dark golden brown, may take longer, just make sure jiggle is gone from centre of cake, and the toothpick or tester is clean.
- 10Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- 11When cool dust with icing sugar.
- 12Serve alone with a cup of coffee or with fresh berries.
- 13This recipe can be doubled.
- 14Do not freeze. Keep leftovers in fridge.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Cake Gluten Free 2012
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 242.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
asian rice flour