Recipe by MathMom.calif
A very yummy, quick and easy and NOT low-cal recipe I got from the MyFoodDiary.com forums. Different from cornbread. This is soft and served out of the pan with a spoon. Too soft to cut into squares and eat out of hand. Eat with a fork.
Top Review by ThaGirl4Ya
Easy and awesome. I upped the sugar to 1/2 cup (I like it sweet) and drained half of the liquid from the reg can of corn. I had to cook it longer than 30 min to get it to brown on top. For those saying it was gritty, consider cooking it longer until it's firm and light brown on top. I know when I tasted mine at 30 min, it was gritty from the jiffy mix. After letting it cook longer it came out creamy, sweet and smooth.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 by 8 baking pan.
- Place the melted butter in a medium bowl and stir in the cans of creamed and whole kernel corn.
- Stir in the corn muffin mix and sugar.
- Cook in an 8 by 8 pan in the preheated 350 degree oven until the top is slightly browned. About 30-35 minutes.