Recipe by Malu
I used to make this cake all the time while I was living in Brazil, as corn on the cob is very easy to find and inexpensive. That doesn't happen here in England. The corn you find in supermakets are tasteless and not full of juice as I am used to. So I tried the recipe using canned corn and sometime frozen, but I don't think I have achieved the same result, it is not as tastefull.
Top Review by luna73
the cake is very yummy, but its too sweet. i make it the second time but i cut the sugar in half and it was perfect... i love this cake because remind me my home, my mom used to make it for me all the time, it was my favorite....
- 4 corn on the cob
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 50 g of grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 18cm baking pan and dust with flour.Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Shave all the corn from the cob with a sharp knife.
- Mesure 2 cups, place all ingredients in a liquidizer, blend very well.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- This cake will have two layers, underneath it will look like a puddim and on top like a cake.
- Refrigerate for half an hour.