My cornbread my family way. My Grandfather use to crumble a piece of this cornbread in a tall glass of milk and eat it at supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheating your oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Put a 9" cast iron skillet on the stove over medium heat and put the shortening in the skillet.
- 3Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- 4Mix the egg and buttermilk (milk) together in another bowl.
- 5Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- 6When you start to see little wisps of smoke coming from the hot shortening, pour most, not all of the shortening into the cornbread batter and mix well.
- 7Then pour the batter into the hot skillet. Remove after a few minutes.
- 8Place in the middle of the preheated oven and bake about 30 minutes, until nice and brown on top.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Bread Country Style
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.8
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 367.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 7.2 g