Recipe by SweetSueAl
From The Deen Bros. Y'all Come and Eat cookbook
Top Review by donnie27
Made this today. Of course, had no Jiffy mix, so I used a copy cat recipe from here to mix that up. Then I was fortunate enough to have 2 left-over ears of sweet corn and a can of creamed corn. So far so good, but didn't know if I had enough sour cream.....YES ! I had exactly 1 cup left in the container. I finally began to wonder if this would ever turn out.
Fortunately, I had all the remaining ingredients and finished the recipe. (I have tried so many corn casseroles that the family wasn't really thrilled with, so I just crossed my fingers.)
When we ate this for dinner, I was so surprised that I loved it and it was just what I have been looking for.
I took some to my DD's house later, and she loved it too.
I really think the Jiffy substitute mix was better than the boxed version.( It was Recipe #345502.)
So glad you posted this recipe.
- 118.29 ml butter, unsalted, melted (plus additional for coating pan)
- 236.59 ml corn, fresh (approximately 2 ears of corn)
- 425.24 g can cream-style corn
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 226.79 g package corn muffin mix
- 88.74 ml green onions, thinly sliced
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 0.25 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup melted butter, fresh corn, cream-style corn, sour cream, muffin mix, green onions, pepper, and salt.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.