Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From The Deen Bros. Y'all Come and Eat cookbook
Make and share this Corn Bread Casserole With Fresh Corn and Green Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup melted butter, fresh corn, cream-style corn, sour cream, muffin mix, green onions, pepper, and salt.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Made this today. Of course, had no Jiffy mix, so I used a copy cat recipe from here to mix that up. Then I was fortunate enough to have 2 left-over ears of sweet corn and a can of creamed corn. So far so good, but didn't know if I had enough sour cream.....YES ! I had exactly 1 cup left in the container. I finally began to wonder if this would ever turn out.
Fortunately, I had all the remaining ingredients and finished the recipe. (I have tried so many corn casseroles that the family wasn't really thrilled with, so I just crossed my fingers.)
When we ate this for dinner, I was so surprised that I loved it and it was just what I have been looking for.
I took some to my DD's house later, and she loved it too.
I really think the Jiffy substitute mix was better than the boxed version.( It was Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Copycat.)
So glad you posted this recipe.
It is excellent!! Very easy!. I was short on amount of creamed corn called for, simply added equivalent to missing amount with half and half and a bit of extra sour cream. Came out perfect.
Do enjoy this while fresh corn is still available.