Recipe by Kellen's mum
From June 2010 BHG. Haven't tried it yet but posting here for safekeeping.
Top Review by Joycee Troyer
This recipe makes a lot of salad so beware! Mine was rather watery. I added more blueberries than originally called for. It was a good 4th of July side dish and a different way to serve the flavors of summer.
- 6 ear fresh sweet corn, husked
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 59.14 ml finely shopped red onion
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml honey
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, bring salted water to boiling. Add corn. Cook, covered, 5 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs.
- In a serving bowl combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- For dressing, in screw top jar combine lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, and 1/2 tsp salt. Cover. Shake well to combine. Add to salad: toss.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.