Prep 25 mins
Cook 24 hrs
From June 2010 BHG. Haven't tried it yet but posting here for safekeeping.
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely shopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In large pot, bring salted water to boiling. Add corn. Cook, covered, 5 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs.
- In a serving bowl combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- For dressing, in screw top jar combine lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, and 1/2 tsp salt. Cover. Shake well to combine. Add to salad: toss.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
This recipe makes a lot of salad so beware! Mine was rather watery. I added more blueberries than originally called for. It was a good 4th of July side dish and a different way to serve the flavors of summer.
Fabulous taste. Impressive presentation - corn cut off the cob does the trick:) So easy too.
I this recipe in BHG also but my DH wouldn't let me make it. But his mother found it in the mag at an office waiting room and she made it last weekend and it was delish. EXTREMELY refreshing!!