Recipe by Kellen's mum
From June 2010 BHG. Haven't tried it yet but posting here for safekeeping.
Top Review by Joycee Troyer
This recipe makes a lot of salad so beware! Mine was rather watery. I added more blueberries than originally called for. It was a good 4th of July side dish and a different way to serve the flavors of summer.
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely shopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, bring salted water to boiling. Add corn. Cook, covered, 5 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs.
- In a serving bowl combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- For dressing, in screw top jar combine lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, and 1/2 tsp salt. Cover. Shake well to combine. Add to salad: toss.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.