1/1 Photo of Corn Blini With Smoked Salmon and Chive Cream
A lovely recipe with it's roots in Russia. Adapted from Cooking Light magazine. To make this vegetarian, just leave out the smoked salmon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 ear shucked corn (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal (fine ground)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- cooking spray
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 24 strips (2-inch wide)
- chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1Combine sour cream and chives in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- 2Cut kernels from ear of corn. Scrape remaining pulp from cob using the dull side of a knife blade. Discard cob. Set corn aside.
- 3Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and cornmeal in a medium bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine milk and egg yolk in a small bowl, stir well with whisk. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, and stir with a whisk until just moist. Stir in corn, salt, and pepper.
- 4Place egg white in a bowl, beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Gently fold egg white mixture into corn mixture.
- 5Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Spoon 1 tbls. batter per blini onto pan, spreading to about 2" diameter. Cook 2 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges begin to set. Carefully turn blinis over, cook for 1 more mintue. Transfer blinis to a serving platter, and arrange in a single layer; keep warm. Repeat process with the remaining batter. Top each blini with with 1 piece salmon and 1 teaspoons sour cream mixture. Garnish with chopped chives, if using.
- 6Makes 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Blini With Smoked Salmon and Chive Cream
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.4
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 215.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.5 g