Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is a festive dish with some heat that is great on it's own, in lettuce cups, or with thick tortilla chips (such as 'On the Boarder')
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seed and chopped fine
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Hass avocadoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl (glass or plastic).
- Let salad sit (you can chill, but I don't) for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to blend.