Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed,drained
- 1 cup frozen white shoepeg corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Serve with crostini.
I love the accents of the mango and cilantro with a little balsamic zing! But it's 10x as good the next day; the marinating time helped the balsamic vinegar blend in and the mango absorb some of the other flavors. Only 4 stars because the raw peppers made it a bit too crunchy for me.
Fantastic recipe! I always double it now or there will be aquabbles at the table over who didn't get their fair share. I do add a tablespoon of oil to it, just to help blend the flavors a little. Thanks Dancer!
I have made this several times and am going to make it again today. It is delicious, and very healthy because it uses no oil. The balsamic vinegar gives it a great flavor. Thanks Dancer!