Recipe by Shahana
No idea where this came from but it is a nice 'comfort food' soup
Top Review by MechanicalJen
I will say this soup gets an F for presentation. As I brought it in to work this morning a coworker wrinkled her nose in disgust. However, it's a very mild "springy" soup that I really really like. This compliments hot pumpernickel rolls wonderfully. I'll be making this repeatedly - thanks for such an easy, tasty soup to add to my rotation!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 5 cups frozen corn, divided
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic; cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Stir in turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bay leaf and vegetable stock; bring to simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes; add 4/5 approx.of the corn, simmer 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- In blender puree in batches.
- Return to saucepan and add remaining corn kernels and cayenne.
- Serve hot or cold garnished with green onions or coriander.