Recipe by honeybee0876
My auntie made this all the time and it's the only way I'll even touch corn beef that comes out of a can. Kids LOVE it and it goes great with ketchup and hot rice.
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef
- 2 medium size potatoes or 1 big potato
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced fine
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cube potatoes and boil them in a large pot until they're about 4-5 min past "fork tender".
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Add can of corned beef and the garlic to potatoes and stir to combine, until corned beef is mixed evenly w/ potatoes
- Add the 2 eggs and stir together until combined.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Bottom of pan should be covered with oil and up about a half inch.
- Form mixture into patties, and add to hot oil. Fry until desired doneness and crispiness on med/ med high heat.
- Mixture can be made ahead of time, covered and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance.
- Serve w/ hot rice and smothered in ketchup!