Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a traditional recipe from Kenya. Got this from a local multicultural festival.
- 1 large baking potato, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups corn kernels (canned or frozen)
- 1 cup red kidney beans (canned or cooked)
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- butter, to taste
- salt & pepper
- Put potato in medium saucepan and cover with broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and cook 10 minutes.
- Add corn, kidney beans, & spinach. Stir and continue to cook, covered for 10 minutes, to heat through.
- Remove from heat. Drain off most of the liquid into medium bowl and set aside.
- Add butter, salt & pepper to taste. Using a fork or potato masher, mash mixture, adding moreof the drained liquid, if needed, to make mixture the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Serve warm.