Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I recently joined in our Community Kitchen at our Church and this was a wonderful salad. Easy to make as well.
- 3 (19 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 3 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 3 (12 ounce) cans corn kernels
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 vidalia onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 3 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper (optional)
- Combine chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans, corn,onion,.
- red pepper and celery.
- Set aside.
- Mix together basil, vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic.
- salt and pepper.
- Pour over bean salad and toss.
- May add 1 12 tsp hot pepper if desired.
This one is really fantastic!! It's so open to improvisation. I don't like raw onions, so I caramelised them. I also used apple cider vinegar to cut down on the "vinegary" flavour.
I recently made this for a pot luck at work. A bit too "vinegary" for my taste, but VERY easty to make and modify. I only used 1 onion and 1 garlic clove. I will definatley make it again with less vinegar.