Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mmmmmmm.... this is all I ate for dinner tonight and I am stuffed! One serving 'll do ya! I was mostly curious to see the calories in this dish :) P.S. I usually omit the green peppers (yuck!) and it turns out great!
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups canned corn niblets
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup crushed cracker crumb
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Saute onions and green peppers in a large frying pan with a little margarine.
- Add flour, milk, salt and pepper to pan, stir thoroughly.
- Mix in egg and corn niblets and pour into a medium casserole dish.
- Mix melted margarine, crushed crackers and slivered almonds in a bowl and spread over the top.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
This was wonderful! I followed the directions exactly and it was excellent! I wouldn't change a thing, except maybe double the recipe next time! Thanks for sharing!
I'm sorry....I just found this terribly bland. It has a great basis for something....but needs more flavor.
Very good side dish. I used red pepper instead of green (personal preference). I also had to cook it alittle longer than specified to get it hot all the way through. Served it with chicken kabobs and it was a great side - not too sweet like some corn dishes.