Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love short-cut recipes! Start with a package of Rice-A-Roni Rice Pilaf and end up with a hearty chowder in half an hour!
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package Rice-A-Roni, rice pilaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- In a 3-quart saucepan, saute rice-pasta mix in butter over medium heat stirring frequently until pasta is lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken broth and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 8 minutes.
- Stir in corn, milk, water and onions. Simmer uncovered, 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon before serving.