From Rachael Ray -- looks yummy!!
Make and share this Corn Bacon Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and pepper to combine.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp but not dry. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a small bowl. Discard the bacon fat. Add the butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped bacon and remove from the heat.
- Stir the corn into the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk, egg and bacon mixture. Fold the ingredients together until just combined. Divide the batter equally among 12 prelined muffin cups.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.