Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Rachael Ray -- looks yummy!!
Make and share this Corn Bacon Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and pepper to combine.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp but not dry. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a small bowl. Discard the bacon fat. Add the butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped bacon and remove from the heat.
- Stir the corn into the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk, egg and bacon mixture. Fold the ingredients together until just combined. Divide the batter equally among 12 prelined muffin cups.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Mmmm, I Really liked these muffins. I made a few changes to fit in with my diet as I am a diabetic but the bones of the recipe were still there. First I used half wholemeal flour and half white ,then I used splenda blend for the sugars and I used just the egg white and a non hydrogenated spread suitable for baking, also a wee bit more rising agent because of the w/w flour as sometimes it can make things a bit heavier and my bacon was very lean. These are really nice muffins and I don't think anyone would notice the changes as they are quite subtle and I can have some. Thank you for posting a really yummy muffin recipe I think I will be making this a lot it was a big hit with everyone not just me and they were non the wiser that they were tweaked. Made for PAC Spring 2011.