Recipe by Just Cher
This makes a wonderfully rich side dish. Not your everyday corn casserole. The bacon & sour cream gives it a great rich flavor.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, drain reserving 2 tbs drippings.
- Crumble bacon& set aside.
- Heat drippings over medium heat,add onion& saute until tender.
- Stir in flour, garlic,salt& pepper.
- Cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Add corn, parsley and half of bacon till well blended.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with chives& serve.