Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a wonderfully rich side dish. Not your everyday corn casserole. The bacon & sour cream gives it a great rich flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, drain reserving 2 tbs drippings.
- Crumble bacon& set aside.
- Heat drippings over medium heat,add onion& saute until tender.
- Stir in flour, garlic,salt& pepper.
- Cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Add corn, parsley and half of bacon till well blended.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with chives& serve.
Really tasty! I used Real Bacon Bits for the bacon and this casserole was loved by all of us. Will definitely make again. Thank You.
These were OK. I think that the bacon drippings kind of threw it off for us. We do like everything else together though. Maybe next time I'll drain all of the grease. Thanks!
This was so easy to fix & sooooo good to eat! I even got creative & it was still great. Didn't have any sour cream, so used 1/2 cup milk & 1/2 cup buttermilk. It's now our favorite way to eat corn for sure. Thx.