Recipe by Anu
I made this for mom today by just putting together her favourite ingredients, without even knowing what it would turn out to be! Yellow corn, green bell peppers and red tomatoes make for a beautiful presentation to accompany this healthy, mildly spicy and flavourful side dish. Roasted peanuts add an unusual kick, but you can also make this without them. Hope you enjoy this as much as mom did!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This was beautiful and tasty too! I decided to make it as soon as I saw the recipe. We had it for dinner last night. I made 4 servings of this. I used 1 tbsp. oil, 4 medium onions, 1 green bell pepper, 2 cups baby corn, 4 medium tomatoes, 1 1/4 tsps. salt, 1 tsp. cumin, 3/4 tsp. dried oregano and 1/2 tsp. black pepper. I omitted the roasted peanuts. I did not have corn kernels at home, so, I had to leave that out too. Next time, I'll surely use that too. It was a lovely dish, well enjoyed by all. Only a small suggestion from my end is to boil the baby corn before tossing it into the mixture of the other veggies in the skillet. If this is not done, the baby corn is 3/4 th cooked inspite of cooking it for 30 odd minutes on low-medium flame. All in all, a keeper, and the recipe is in my notebook:) I made this again tonight(26/11/02) using a combo of baby corn, capsicum and 1 cup of green peas (which I used as a substitute for the corn kernels). It was really GOOD! Thank you so much for posting this recipe. We all enjoy this one so much. Allright, I made this again yesterday night(5/12/02) using a combo of green peas, baby corn and corn kernels. I enjoyed it this way the best of the various combos' I've tried so far with this recipe. It went really well with hot rotis and rice topped with a dollop of yogurt. Thanks so much, Anu, for posting this recipe.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3⁄4 cup sliced baby corn
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon unsalted shelled roasted peanuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat and saute the onions for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add bell peppers and saute for another couple of minutes.
- Add tomatoes, frozen corn, baby corn, pepper, salt, cumin, oregano, and paprika; mix well, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until the veggies are done to your liking.
- Uncover, remove from flame, garnish with roasted peanuts, if desired, and serve hot!