Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is really good, a diffrent variation for corn
- 2 egg yolks, Well Beaten
- 1 cup corn, Cooked
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Crisco
- 1 cup rice, Cooked
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2-1 lb bacon
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion in shortening.
- Mix together beaten egg yolks and the corn.
- Add the onion to the corn mixture.
- Lightly fold in the rice.
- Place half of the mixture in a baking dish, add 1/2 the cheese.
- Add the salt, pepper, and remaining corn mixture.
- Cover this with the remaining cheese.
- Lay strips of bacon across the top.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until the bacon is cooked.
This recipe had a great deal of potential. I really loved the texture, but it needed some additional seasoning, like soy sauce, hot sauce, or some herbs and perhaps even wine. We used imitation bacon as we are vegetarians. I did really like the egg yolk and cheese mixed in with the cheese, though. Might work on this a bit more, as I think it has great potential! Thank you very much for the ideas!
This is an absolutey wonderful corn recipe! I have never made anything like this before, I used leftover cubed ham that I had in my freezer in place of the bacon, increased the cheddar cheese, and added in fresh garlic when sauteeing the onion. This will be a definate repeater, it is so good, thanks for sharing Karen!...Kitten