Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Corn and Zucchini Saute recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups corn (from about 4 ears)
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces (1 lb total)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook scallions, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add corn, zucchini, cumin, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
Thx so much for posting this fabulous recipe! It is great just as it is written. My entire family loves this dish for dinner on hot summer nights served with grilled quail. Everyone who likes cilantro, zucchini and corn should try it! **This was saved in my Top 2008 Recipes Cookbook!
Delicious! It was a hit with my DW and me! We had it as a side dish with BBQ Ribs and salad. I am looking forward to having leftovers as a cold salad in my lunch tomorrow. I also prepared it as written and I didn't change a thing.