Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For years it' been a favorite colorful salad I can prepare ahead of time.
Make and share this Corn and Zucchini Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn, thawed
- 4 small zucchini, diced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) canschoppped greeen chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil or 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 -2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a bowl, toss corn, zucchini, red pepper, chilies and onion.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake well.
- Pour over the salad and stir gently.
- Chill for several hour or overnight.
Made for Farmer's Market Tag Summer 2009. This is an excellent salad. I've been looking for salads to serve other than the normal lettuce salad. A friend from work gave me some small zucchini and this recipe was perfect. I did only make half. DD turned her nose up at it and DH couldn't stop eating it. Loved the combination of lime juice and cumin. Instead of the canned green chiles, I used a seeded and chopped jalapeno as that is what I had on hand. I also like the fact that this doesn't have a mayo based dressing which makes it perfect for a picnic! Thanks for posting this Debi!