Recipe by Cookbook Debi
For years it' been a favorite colorful salad I can prepare ahead of time.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for Farmer's Market Tag Summer 2009. This is an excellent salad. I've been looking for salads to serve other than the normal lettuce salad. A friend from work gave me some small zucchini and this recipe was perfect. I did only make half. DD turned her nose up at it and DH couldn't stop eating it. Loved the combination of lime juice and cumin. Instead of the canned green chiles, I used a seeded and chopped jalapeno as that is what I had on hand. I also like the fact that this doesn't have a mayo based dressing which makes it perfect for a picnic! Thanks for posting this Debi!
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn, thawed
- 4 small zucchini, diced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) canschoppped greeen chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil or 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 -2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt