1/1 Photo of Corn and Wild Rice Chowder
This recipe comes from Adventures, A Sporting Cafe and Pub in Rice Lake, Wisconsin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups onions, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 3 cups corn, whole kernel
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cream, heavy
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- thyme, pinch
- salt and pepper
- 1In large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic.
- 3Cook until vegetables are tender, but not brown.
- 4Meanwhile, cook potato cubes in stock until fork can stick in easily.
- 5Add flour to cooked veggies and blend well.
- 6Cook, stirring constantly, 3 - 4 minutes.
- 7Add potato mixture to vegetable mixture and stir until smooth using large wire wisk.
- 8Bring to boil.
- 9Add remaining ingredients and bring to simmer to heat through.
- 10Adjust seasonings and serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Wild Rice Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 255.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g