Recipe by dicentra
This is from 365 One Dish Meals. This looks great! I usually have all the ingredients for this in the house. OAMC?
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stockpot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 7 minutes. Drain off all except 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Stir in onion, red pepper, and carrots. Cook, stirring often, until onion is limp, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour, blending thoroughly. Cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in milk and heat to boiling.
- Mix in corn, beans, celery seeds, vinegar, salt and pepper; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.