Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened, 2 pk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 8 3⁄4 ounces corn, whole kernel, drained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped, 1 small
- Beat all ingredients except corn, walnuts and onion in a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, until smooth.
- Stir in corn, walnuts, and onion.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Made this for a dinner party and it makes a lot of dip! I didn't put oil in which might have made it more stiff/ thick than typical dip. I also toasted the walnuts which added a smoky flavor to the dip. It's and unusual dip and while spicy, it was not the dinner party favorite. It's a bit salty so I'd cut that next time.
I like this recipe. I was about to enter this when I looked it up. The only difference between mine and the one posted by HappyBunny is: I dont use the Vegatable Oil and I toasted the walnuts before adding them to the dip, also I used tender scallions. This recipe has it all...sweet, spicy heat and crunch!! Next time I will add the oil to mine, I think it would make the dip 'go further' without hurting the taste much. Thanks, Happy Bunny!!