1/1 Photo of Corn and Tomato Spoonbread
Lori Mama's Note:
Taken from the July/Aug. Food Network Magazine with adjustments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Spray 4 6oz. ramekins with non stick spray, add some cornmeal to each and dust all around. Set aside.
- 3Whisk milk, corn and cornmeal along with some salt and pepper in a large microwavable bowl and microwave for 5 minutes.
- 4Stir and continue to cook another 2 minutes until thickened.
- 5Stir some of the hot mixture into the beaten eggs and then combine with the cooked cornmeal along with 1 tablespoons chives and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 6Divide this mixture among the ramekins, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 7Bake until puffed and set, about 25 minutes.
- 8Mix together the chopped tomatoes, remaining chives and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Top the spoonbread with the tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Tomato Spoonbread
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.1
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 219.5 mg
- Sodium 425.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: