- 6 large ears white corn, husked
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced and divided
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove corn kernels from cob.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add corn and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 c of basil and transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir in tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and the remaining olive oil and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for 3-8 hours before serving.