Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is an easy and tasty salad. It is great for picnics or cook-outs. I received this from a friend at my bridal shower. The majority of the cook time is chilling time - the salad needs to chill and marinate for about 3-8 hours before serving. Fresh cracked black pepper works really well in this.
- 6 large ears white corn, husked
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced and divided
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove corn kernels from cob.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add corn and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 c of basil and transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir in tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and the remaining olive oil and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for 3-8 hours before serving.
I made for 2 and had half leftover. Used roasted frozen corn. Great for a hot summer day! Thanks!
Loved this salad! To lighten it up a bit, I used fat-free Italian dressing instead of the olive oil, otherwise made as directed. I liked the smokiness the sauteing of the corn added. Great salad for BBQ's or potlucks - thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is a five-star recipe with winter tomatoes and frozen corn. I can only imagine how good it's going to be when summer comes around!