This is an easy and tasty salad. It is great for picnics or cook-outs. I received this from a friend at my bridal shower. The majority of the cook time is chilling time - the salad needs to chill and marinate for about 3-8 hours before serving. Fresh cracked black pepper works really well in this.
- Remove corn kernels from cob.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add corn and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 c of basil and transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir in tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and the remaining olive oil and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for 3-8 hours before serving.