Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This has been in my file for a couple of years. It's so simple, but so delicious. It's from Martha Stewart.
- 4 ears corn, kernels sliced from cobs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tomatoes, sliced into 1/4 in. thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add corn and sugar.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Drain in a colander, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange tomatoes and corn on a serving platter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Very good salad! I actually used frozen corn kernels and no sugar; used local Wadmalaw tomatoes - superb!
Loved it! Like any True Zaar Addict I print recipes and take them with me on holiday.. this is recipe was made last week during our stay in Portugal. The local tomatoes were some of the best I have ever tasted, oozing flavour and so this was destined to be a winner from the start. The only reason it's not a 5 is that DH said that for him, it needed something a little extra after a little taste, so I added a decent helping of fresh chopped coriander/cilantro and it went down a treat. Please see my rating system: 4 stars for a tasty salad dish that's great both with and without the coriander. Thanks!